Straight from the presses to you, go 2 atlanta is ecstatic to present the latest atlanta News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking atlanta news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to reprieve current with the uttermost recent news headlines from atlanta .
- LIVE @ 7: State Report: Cheating found in 44 Atlanta schools
We are devoting our entire newscast schedule tonight at 10 pm on MyAtlTV and 11 pm on 11Alive News Tonight to looking in depth at the Atlanta Public Schools CRCT Cheating Investigation. You can watch the special live right here.
- Have you seen Dr. Hall?
As parents of students in Atlanta’s public schools learn more about widespread allegations of cheating on the CRCT, the woman in charge of the school system at the time has become difficult to track down.
- GRANT PARK: Tiger cubs born at Zoo Atlanta
Zoo Atlanta says a rare seven-year-old female Sumatran tiger has given birth to two cubs.
- MIDTOWN: Music Midtown to return
An Atlanta concert tradition is being revived at Piedmont Park this fall, but it will be different from years past.
- Police: Agnes Scott alum was dismembered
Agnes Scott grad Lauren Giddings was dismembered and some of her body parts are still missing, Macon police chief Mike Burns said Wednesday. He asked the public for help in locating her remains.
- ROSWELL: Kayaker killed in motor boat crash
A Roswell man has been identified as the kayaker who died after a Fourth of July night collision with a motor boat on a North Texas lake.
- Watkins honored by funeral directors’ group
Willie A. Watkins was recently named the 2011 Robert H. Miller Professional of the Year by the National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association.
- Arrests made in cabbie carjackings
Two suspects linked to multiple robberies and assaults of Atlanta area taxicab drivers have been arrested, police announced late Wednesday.
- Local Episcopalians plan to join Alabama pilgrimage
Several members of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta will participate in a pilgrimage in remembrance of people killed during the civil rights struggle on Aug.
- Fulton commissioners balk at tax increase
Fulton County commissioners unanimously rejected a countywide property tax increase to stave off a possible $40 million budget shortfall next year.
- Beverly Hall: "definitely did not know of any widespread cheating"
Former Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Beverly Hall “most definitely did not know of any widespread cheating” on standardized tests in 2009 or any other year, her lawyer said in a statement issued Wednesday.
- Despite protests, East Point City Council overrides veto, increases utility costs
As a large crowd of angry residents looked on Monday night, the East Point City Council overrode Mayor Earnestine Pittman’s veto of the 2012 budget and passed higher utility rates for the city.
- Beverly Hall Responds To CRCT Cheating Report
One day after Gov. Nathan Deal released results of a massive probe into alleged cheating on the CRCT within Atlanta Public Schools, former APS Superintendent Beverly Hall denies involvement.
- Father, 8-Year-Old Killed In Gwinnett House Fire
A man and his son were killed in a house fire in Gwinnett County, according to the county’s fire department.
- 911 Tapes Released In Lanier Home Explosion
- 2 Arrested In Metro Atlanta Cabbie Attacks
Police say they’ve arrested two suspects accused of attacking and robbing taxi drivers in Atlanta and in DeKalb County.
- Casey Anthony Juror Speaks Exclusively To ABC News
- Taylor Swift Postpones Atlanta Shows
Taylor Swift has postponed her concert dates scheduled for this weekend in Atlanta due to illness.
Tags: concert tradition, newscast schedule, atlanta public schools, lake watkins, motor boat, robert h miller, national funeral directors and morticians association, music midtown, agnes scott, taxicab drivers