Straight from the presses to you, go 2 atlanta is ecstatic to present the latest atlanta News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking atlanta news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to reprieve current with the uttermost recent news headlines from atlanta .
- Gwinnett county libraries cutting their hours
The Gwinnett County Libraries voted Thursday to cut hours at all of their branches, effective Oct. 23.
- Missing in Mexico: Fayette County family searchs for missing teen daughter
A Fayette County family has turned to the F.B.I. for help in their nearly year-long struggle to track down their missing teenage daughter in Mexico.
- Sharpton’s Atlanta HQ admits handing out possibly bogus stimulus check forms
Hundreds of Atlanta seniors may have been targeted for identity theft, but by whom?
- FIGHTING FOR ISAAC: Hundreds tested to become bone marrow donor
Hundreds of people crowded the gymnasium on the campus of the Marist School Friday — hoping one of them will be the one to help save the life of Isaac Del Valle.
- SCAD Students Design Jewelry for The Limited
Jewelry designs from several SCAD students will be part of The Limited’s fall collection.
- SMYRNA: 11Alive Bull Meter examines Rick Perry’s jobs claim
Before he announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination, Texas Governor Rick Perry scheduled a speech before the Georgia Policy Foundation.
- Federal agency to survey Grady following woman’s death
A federal agency told Grady Memorial Hospital Wednesday it plans to conduct an unannounced survey of the hospital after the death of a woman who fell from an 11th floor window last month.
- Administrators: Second grader brings gun to school
A second-grade student is accused of bringing a gun to a southwest Atlanta elementary school Friday.
- Consumer office issues new warning about scams
The Governor’s Office of Consumer Protection has issued a warning about sweepstakes scams aimed at the elderly, saying they have taken a scary turn.
- CAU gets a "Life"
Clark Atlanta University will welcome eight of Harlem’s hottest spoken-word artists next Wednesday for “The Life Tour,” which addresses real-life issues in two one-act presentations.
- Atlanta police investigate shooting
Police are looking for three men involved in a early morning shooting in Buckhead. Two men were sitting in a car behind the Darlington apartment building at 2025 Peachtree Road shortly after midnight Friday morning, police spokesman Sgt.
- Rev. Peter Tibi to speak at the King Center
The Rev. Peter Tibi, who leads a group that helps rehabilitate communities affected by the brutal war in Sudan, will be the keynote speaker during a program Wednesday at the King Center, 450 Auburn Ave.
- 2 arrested after jewlery worth millions stolen
Thieves cut their way into a Forsyth County jewelry store and got away with $2.8 million in merchandise in what may turn out to be one of the largest jewelry heists in Georgia history. Two men have been arrested.
- Do you own a pair of toning shoes?
- Emory student arrested, accused of SAT cheating
An Emory University sophomore is accused of receiving thousands of dollars to take the SAT exam for a half-dozen students.
- Police: Teens, parents charged for making bombs
Five Snellville teenagers are facing felony charges after police say they were making and detonating bombs in a back yard.
- Jail employee accused of stealing inmates’ IDs
A DeKalb County Jail employee is out of a job and out on bond after investigators say she stole thousands of dollars from inmates.
- Man sentenced to life without parole in child death
Two DeKalb County jurors say it was the brutality of a crime that killed a 2-year-old girl prompted them to return to the courthouse to hear the defendant’s sentence.
Tags: gwinnett county libraries, news headlines from, republican presidential nomination, news of the day, design jewelry, atlanta elementary school, southwest atlanta, fayette county