Straight from the presses to you, go 2 atlanta is ecstatic to present the latest atlanta News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking atlanta news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to reprieve current with the uttermost recent news headlines from atlanta .
- OLD FOURTH WARD: History of City Hall East
- Former Nichols hostage speaks about addiction, redemption
Ashley Smith Robinson, who was held captive by Brian Nichols in 2005, spoke at a fundraiser for Breakthru House Saturday morning.
- Troy Davis funeral draws over 1,000 mourners
SAVANNAH, Ga–Jonesville Baptist Church was filled with family, friends and supporters Saturday afternoon. Hundreds were present to pay final respects to Troy Davis, a man who’s name had become synonymous with a global effort to commute his death sentence and end capital punishment in Georgia.
- Open Records: Troy Davis’ final statement
In response to an open records request, 11Alive News obtained the official transcript of Troy Davis’ final statement.
- New tolls on I-85 stay relatively low for opening
Drivers began paying real money on the I-85 Express Lanes on Saturday with a starting toll of $1.55 for the entire 15.5-mile ride.
- Gwinnett county libraries cutting their hours
The Gwinnett County Libraries voted Thursday to cut hours at all of their branches, effective Oct. 23.
- Federal agency to survey Grady following woman’s death
A federal agency told Grady Memorial Hospital Wednesday it plans to conduct an unannounced survey of the hospital after the death of a woman who fell from an 11th floor window last month.
- Administrators: Second grader brings gun to school
A second-grade student is accused of bringing a gun to a southwest Atlanta elementary school Friday.
- Consumer office issues new warning about scams
The Governor’s Office of Consumer Protection has issued a warning about sweepstakes scams aimed at the elderly, saying they have taken a scary turn.
- CAU gets a "Life"
Clark Atlanta University will welcome eight of Harlem’s hottest spoken-word artists next Wednesday for “The Life Tour,” which addresses real-life issues in two one-act presentations.
- Atlanta police investigate shooting
Police are looking for three men involved in a early morning shooting in Buckhead. Two men were sitting in a car behind the Darlington apartment building at 2025 Peachtree Road shortly after midnight Friday morning, police spokesman Sgt.
- Rev. Peter Tibi to speak at the King Center
The Rev. Peter Tibi, who leads a group that helps rehabilitate communities affected by the brutal war in Sudan, will be the keynote speaker during a program Wednesday at the King Center, 450 Auburn Ave.
- 2 arrested after jewlery worth millions stolen
Thieves cut their way into a Forsyth County jewelry store and got away with $2.8 million in merchandise in what may turn out to be one of the largest jewelry heists in Georgia history. Two men have been arrested.
- Do you own a pair of toning shoes?
- Emory student arrested, accused of SAT cheating
An Emory University sophomore is accused of receiving thousands of dollars to take the SAT exam for a half-dozen students.
- Police: Teens, parents charged for making bombs
Five Snellville teenagers are facing felony charges after police say they were making and detonating bombs in a back yard.
- Jail employee accused of stealing inmates’ IDs
A DeKalb County Jail employee is out of a job and out on bond after investigators say she stole thousands of dollars from inmates.
- Man sentenced to life without parole in child death
Two DeKalb County jurors say it was the brutality of a crime that killed a 2-year-old girl prompted them to return to the courthouse to hear the defendant’s sentence.
Tags: southwest atlanta, news of the day, news headlines from, georgia open records, saturday afternoon, sweepstakes scams, atlanta elementary school, jonesville baptist church, brian nichols