Straight from the presses to you, go 2 atlanta is ecstatic to present the latest atlanta News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking atlanta news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to reprieve current with the uttermost recent news headlines from atlanta .
- DOWNTOWN: Larger police presence surrounds Occupy Atlanta
Occupy Atlanta tried to take over the Atlanta Hip Hop Festival when city leaders pulled the festival permit.
- 12-year-old assaulted by intruder
SANDY SPRINGS–A young girl was sexually assaulted in her apartment Friday morning after returning home from her school- bus stop. Investigators say the juvenile was attacked by a man who had gained entry into the victim’s apartment and was waiting for her.
- Does Herman Cain have staying power?
Does Herman Cain have what it takes to be his party’s nominee next summer?
- BUFORD: Funds emerge for special ramp for playground
Less than a day after 11Alive’s Bill Liss told the story of the need to have a ramp built at a playground at Harmony Elementary School in Buford, that the cash came forward.
- ACWORTH: A family’s moment of truth
In Acworth, a family who prayed for the liberation of Libya now prays for one more miracle.
- Broad concerns as protest marks Week 2
While Occupy Atlanta stresses it doesn’t have leaders, we found two serving as spokespeople for the group: Tim Franzen, 34, who works for the American Friends Service Committee, and Rob Call, 23, a 2009 international affairs Georgia Tech graduate from Snellville who says he works as an unpaid intern for the ACLU because he can’t find a job.
- Mayor’s office denies Occupy Atlanta ordered to leave Woodruff Park
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed’s office denied an Occupy Atlanta leader’s assertion that protesters who have been camped at Woodruff Park had to leave Saturday or face arrest.
- Rally, march targeting ‘police brutality’ set for Atlanta
At least 100 people are expected to participate in a rally and march against alleged police brutality at 4 p.m.
- Retirees can’t continue careers in APS
Retired educators rehired by Atlanta Public Schools to work well-paid central office jobs will be fired by the district in a cost-cutting move intended to weed out wasteful positions.
- Gas station owner gets prison time
A man who owned and operated an Atlanta gas station with his brother was sentenced to federal prison Friday for the illegal activities that went on there, the U.S.
- APD increasing patrols after shooting in broad daylight
- Former GA bank president pleads guilty
- Chamblee employee indicted in bond money theft
- Wrongfully jailed woman sends city notice of intent
- Pharmacist fools burglar with candy, laxatives
- The State of Georgia Spends Millions For Future Snow Storms
ATLANTA (WAOK/AJC)-The state of Georgia has spent more than $2.5 million in preparation for possible future snow storms. Officials of the Department of Transportation (DOT) said they wanted to be prepared with more snow plows [...]
- Sixth Grader in Recovery After Two-Story Fall
ATLANTA (WAOK)-A sixth-grader is recovering after falling through a second-story window at John F. Kennedy Middle School in northwest Atlanta. Atlanta school officials say Sabrina Hickson, 12, was roughhousing with another student in the hallway [...]
- Too Much Truth Recap: It is a Tell The Truth Friday!!!
Have a Great weekend and make sure you join us THIS saturday for “My Big is Beautiful” at 619 Edgewood Ave Atlanta, Ga 30312 Click the Audio links to hear the first hour of [...]
- Win $5,000!
Win $5000 in The Vampire Diaries Text to Win Sweepstakes. Here’s how to win: Watch the Vampire Diaries LIVE this Thursday at 8p Look for the “secret word” during a commercial break You’ll have 10 [...]
- New Hart of Dixie Monday Night
Zoe (Rachel Bilson) discovers something shocking about the local minister (guest star Peter MacKenzie) and his wife (guest star Kerry O’Malley), causing quite a stir among the residents of Bluebell. Lemon (Jaime King) is determined [...]
- New Gossip Girl Monday Night 8pm
In the midst of celebrating Yom Kippur with family and friends, Blair (Leighton Meester) and Louis (guest star Hugo Becker) find themselves in a power struggle with Louis’ family. Serena’s (Blake Lively) boss (guest star [...]
Tags: atlanta news, american friends service committee, herman cain, rally march, woodruff park, police brutality, bill liss, unpaid intern