Straight from the presses to you, go 2 atlanta is ecstatic to present the latest atlanta News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking atlanta news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to reprieve current with the uttermost recent news headlines from atlanta .
- DOWNTOWN: Occupy Atlanta Protestors Ordered to Leave
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said Monday that he was revoking the executive order that permitted members of the Occupy Atlanta group to remain in downtown’s Woodruff Park, “at a time of my choosing.”
- Kim Kardashian to star in new Tyler Perry movie. You can too!
Kim Kardashian will star in Tyler Perry’s new movie, The Marriage Counselor. They are currently casting extras for the film.
- Many zeros on stimulus web site
11Alive News has been digging and asking questions since discovering a whole lot of zeros on the DOT’s stimulus web site, but the answers didn’t come easy.
- DOWNTOWN: Mayor walks Occupy Atlanta tightrope
When Andrew Young sees Kasim Reed grappling with the ideologues camping out in Woodruff Park, he recalls an even more confrontational group he faced over a proposed road called the Presidential Parkway.
- DOWNTOWN: Who is the leader of Occupy Atlanta?
11Alive’s Jaye Watson learned a lot more about the man with the red knit cap leading the movement in Atlanta.
- Occupy Atlanta | When will it end?
Tensions seemed to be escalating Tuesday night as the police presence increased at Woodruff Park, home of the Occupy Atlanta movement.
- Georgia Trust names new additions to Places in Peril list
What do one of the oldest female dormitories in Athens and railroad buildings in Atlanta have in common?
- Audit: Atlanta fire, medical emergency response time too long
The time that passes between an Atlanta 911 operator taking a fire or medical emergency call and relaying that information to dispatchers is more than 10 times the recommended national average, according to a report from the city’s auditor.
- Mayor faces tide of anger over Occupy Atlanta
Quite a few people are upset over Occupy Atlanta, but David Howell has actually gone down and confronted the protesters in Woodruff Park.
- Federal grant for mental health
The Baldwin County court system is getting $1.2 million for its mental health court. The federal grant if for the court to work with River Edge Behavioral Health treatment defendants suffering from mental illness or substance-abuse. Baldwin County, which is the home of the state’s first psychiatric hospital, Central State Hospital in Milledgeville was the only system in Georgia and one of 11 nationwide to join the Behavioral Health Treatment Court Collaborative, which combines drug court and mental-health courts with community reentry programs.
- Audit shows longer response time for fire calls
- APS slow to carry out principal’s suspension
- Boys should get HPV vaccine too, panel says
- Atlanta airport terminal could create 2,000 jobs
- Man who blabbed about courthouse plot convicted
- Buckhead Man Tries To Open Delta Door in Mid-Flight
A flight home from Las Vegas turned scary for people on board Delta Air Lines flight 1702 Sunday afternoon when a man from Buckhead tried to open the cabin door while in flight, officials said. [...]
- Parent Arrested at High School Football Game
Decatur (WAOK/AJC)-Another parent is in trouble after attending a high school football game. This time the incident happened at Decatur High School’s football game on Friday night. Police say the game between Decatur High and [...]
- Keepin It Real with Rev. Al Sharpton 10/25
Time to tackle the Big Issues. Click inside to see which issues!
- Mayor: ‘Occupy’ Protesters Putting Atlanta on ‘Path to Escalation’
Amid rising costs to keep law enforcement present in and around Woodruff Park, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed has urged an end to the Occupy Atlanta movement.
- The Warren Ballentine Show 10/25
Today on the Warren Ballentine Show, National Urban League CEO Mark Morale joins Warren to break down President Obama’s plan to save a million homes from foreclosure using his Executive power. How effective could this [...]
- Georgia Pastor Files Lawsuit After Arrest Over Protesting School’s Demon Mascot
ATLANTA (AP) — A pastor has filed a federal lawsuit claiming a Georgia city violated his rights when he was arrested for protesting a high school’s demon mascot. Pastor Donald Crosby said in the lawsuit [...]
Tags: new additions, atlanta group, kasim reed, presidential parkway, atlanta news, georgia trust, railroad buildings, marriage counselor